sillyrabbit pretends to knit

Monday, April 09, 2007

Yuck.

I hate sage.

I ordered this yarn with the thoughts of writing it into a pattern. It looked like a very pretty celery, springy color on my computer. I should have known from the name. It got here, and it's sage. The same color as my bedroom walls, and I keep saying to my husband, "I really hate this color. We need to paint these walls blue."

I know lots of people love sage. I know I claim to love every color as long as it's a color. Well, I guess I found the one color that I don't like. I only recently started embracing greens, because grass and celery and springy greens are so pretty and I like wearing them.

My MIL burns Yankee Candle's Sage and Citrus candles in her bathroom. That doesn't help, because I love sage-the-herb, but now when I smell it, it smells like a bathroom. NOT what I like to associate with my chicken.

So, anyway. I have the yarn, I wound one skein into a ball, it's ready to be knit. I'm waiting for it to tell me what it wants to become, and every time I look at it, I just end up remembering that I hate sage.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Ducktastic said…

    Hrm... I had the same reaction at first to the STR club sock colour for last month. But the green is growing on me. Maybe if you rename the colour? ;) Something like... algae! Yeah, algae! How can you hate algae? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home