Blogstalking Week 5: Let's Play Statue. I lose.
Here you go, friends. I don't know much about it, and I am no good at feeding people a line of bs about what the art says to me, so I'll tell you that this is a sculpture of a two-headed duck, found on the college campus we live near. We pass it on our walks, and the kids flip out. My son, in particular, has a duck obsession, and it appears that he likes it. I think it's a little kooky, but it's cute. Fits the week's assignment, and that's good too.
Ok, that's really all I have to say about the statue. I went to Stitches East, want to see my yarn?
Here's the picture with the least amount of cat.
OK, from left to right--
- 2500 yds of Interlacements Spider Web in a pretty solid Frenchy blue
- Baruffa Cashwool laceweight in chocolate, my current favorite yarn
- Lisa Souza Baby Alpaca/Silk in Poiple
- Blue Moon Fiber Arts Bambu in Hoofle Floofle. What a name!
- Underneath, Blue Moon Fiber Arts Laci in Sapphire. Yes, I know they look almost the same, but the Sapphire is very variegated and the other is very solid. So I like blue. What's your point?
- Blue Moon Fiber Arts Geisha in Backstabber. LOVE